Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Color Series: Blue

Today I am going to start a new series and it is going to be about names that have to do with colors. The first color on my list is the color blue.

Girls
  1. Bluebell- An English name that means Bluebell. This name is a name of Geri Halliwell’s daughter, Bluebell Madonna Halliwell. I think this name is too cutesy.
  2. Nila- An Indian (Sanskrit) name that means blue.
  3. Sunila- An Indian (Sanskrit) name that means very blue, sapphire blue.
  4. Azura-  A Spanish name that means sky blue.
  5. Nilima- An Indian name that means Blue sky.

Boys
  1. Douglas- A Scottish name that means black blue.
  2. Carden- A Spanish name that means blue. I love this name. It can be an alternative to the name Carson.
  3. Sunil- An Indian (Sanskrit) name that means dark blue, sapphire.

Unisex
  1. Indigo- A Greek name that means blue dye.
  2. Cyan- An American name that means light blue-green  (I prefer on a boy)
  3. Teal- An American name that means greenish blue color.
  4. Blue- An American name that means The Color; Also A Colloquialism Meaning Sad. It is the name of Beyonce and Jay-Z’s Daughter’s name.

So there is the list I will continue the series for all of the colors. I hope you liked it. Comment and ask me questions on Formspring (I answer every day!). Bye. 

P.S. here is my formspring

Photo Credit: http://pinterest.com/pin/27514247694014436/

4 comments:

  1. I prefer Cyan for a boy as well. You could always use Cyanne for a girl, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Cyanne, but maybe spelled Kyanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I likely prefer Indigo on the boys, since I first came across him on a lad. I also quite like Azura, and indeed simply Azure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lou @ Mer de Noms


    I think I do too and I like the nickname Indi but wasn't sure if that was too girly. Azure is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...