Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Feature Friday: Gabby

Hey guys! I am still away and will be back in 1 day. Anyway it is Feature Friday time! This week I ask my friend and blog buddy if she would like to this week’s person. Of course she said yes! So this week is………Gabby! You may know her as from a few things, her formspring (LunaScarlett), her youtube (www.youtube.com/user/hpfreak54) , her blog (http://gabbymacsnameblog.blogspot.com/) and/or her listography (http://listography.com/GabrielleMarieJoane). You all need to go check out her stuff. They are amazing. So let’s get started in the interview.



Me: How did you get into baby names?
Gabby: I first got into baby names when I was around 6 or 7.  I began my (large) collection of stuffed animals and named them all (I had Blake, Brownie, Isabella, Jake, Isabella II...).  From there, it blossomed and I saw different names (mainly all 90s names) through school and my neighborhood.  Of course finding Formspring and name websites just made my hobby of collecting names an complete obsession.

Me: Love the picture! How old were you when you first started liking baby names?
Gabby: I was about 6 or 7 when I was interested but about 10 when the obsession started to come upon me.

Me: I was about the same way! What are your current favorite baby names?
Gabby: For girls, my top 5 are Aurora Jane, Luna Scarlett, Bellatrix Harper, Liviana Moon, and Freya Persephone.  For boys, my top 5 are Carlisle Jason, Jacoby Dallas, Draco Elijah, Lucius Avery, and Rowan Zackary.

Me: I love your names. If you remember, what were your first favorite baby names?
Gabby: My favorite names were Isabella Marie and Jacob Andrew between the ages of 6 and 9.  And then progressively became more...out there.

Me: My favorite name use to be Isabella too. Why did you decide to start making videos, blogging, and join formspring?
Gabby: I decided to make videos as soon as I got my laptop in '08 and have been addicted ever since.  I joined forming in November of 2010 just out of curiosity and not for name reasons.  I got bullied by anons and so I decided to try to vie away from that and look for people interested in names.  I think the first person to ask me a question was either Amelia (EverthingNames) or Krystal (thefarmerswife) but I'm not sure so don't trust me on that.  You actually inspired to get a blog because I felt that I had so many ideas for YT videos but didn't have time to record them so I just put them in blog posts. :)

Me: I'm so glad my blog has inspired you! What has been the most fun about making videos, blogging, and formspring?
Gabby: I can share my complete nerdiness for names because none of my friends are really that interested in names.

Me: I agree! What has been your favorite video, blog, and/or formspring question (rename, collages, etc.)  you have done?
Gabby: I love naming kids with initials or with certain guidelines.  Example, Nature first names and virtue MNs.  I love watching pregnancy videos on YT.  My current obsession is Rebe and TweedleTee10.

Me: They are so fun. Are you working on any blog post, videos, or listography list?
Gabby: oh boy yes!! Currently I'm working on my Batman movie review for my other Blog, my NFL baby name series for my name blog, I'm trying to gather more names for the ABC names (I'm on G), and I'm making a list to try to figure out character names for my HP fanfiction and novel and a list for girl first names to go with the MN Blue b/c I absolutely adore Blue on a girl.  Ya I think I have the rest of my summer cut out for me. Lol

Me: Wow! That is a lot. What do you love about baby names?
Gabby: I just love finding meaning behind things.  Plus it's really fun coming up with names for my HP fanfic and my novel because I do something called the "Rowling approach" where I go onto translator websites and type in a phrase i'd like to use and stem a name from that.  Or I find names that create a phrase (Juliet(te) Angela=Youhtful Angel...).  A great example of the Rowling approach is the main character in my novel.  Her name is Mauve Tirpse which comes from the French phrase "mauvais esprit" which means "bad spirit".  Ya I have way too much time on my hands.

Me: I love how you come up with names for your characters. What types of baby names to do like (ex. Trendy, vintage, etc.)?
Gabby: OMG I honestly don't have a set style.  I like all types of names.  As long as the name looks and sounds nice, I like it.  I'm guilty, though for being in love with all of the -ayden/-aiden/-aidan names.

Me: I'm the same way! When did you tell your friends and family about your love to baby names?
Gabby: The only 2 people in my family that know I like names are my mom and grandma but I think my dad is catching on.  A couple of my friends know and that's it.  All of them think it's weird.

Me: How can they think it's weird! How did/do your family and friends react to your love for baby names?
Gabby: Again everyone gave me looks like "Really?! Out of ALLL of the things in the world to be interested in, you chose baby names?" Of course I could care less.  Now they don't care at all.  They just think I'm a walking weirdo.

Me: awww They are very wrong! On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your love/addiction/obsession for baby names?
Gabby: like 500000000.  It's insane.  My obsession with names is almost as big as my obsession with Harry Potter.

Me: That is very high but very true ;P What is the reason behind your formspring, youtube, and blog name?
Gabby: Formspring: My top combo, Aurora Jane, was taken as a name (in any form AuroraJane, Aurora_Jane...) so I resorted to my second favorite combo Luna Scarlett (stylized as LunaScarlett) for my username
Youtube: I made a YT account long before I started doing videos.  My name is hpfreak54.  hpfreak is clearly for Harry Potter and 54 is my grandpa's birthday (5/13) added up by month and date.  If that makes any sense.

Blog: The opinions one (notafraid2say) was put together from help by fellow Formspringers when I put out a poll as to which name to pick and this won.  My name one (gabbymacsnameblog)--I tried to keep it simple because I was bored so I made it and didn't want to put much thought into it.


Me: I like how you came up with the names. That makes sense. Do you have a favorite baby namer (YouTube, blog, formspring, etc.)?
Gabby: I loveeeee AnastasiaRuby on YT.  She always picks really cute names.  Oh I also love Bayli both on FS and YT (AvenueAsher and Bbumen)

Me: I love them too. Do you have a #1 fan on your videos, formspring, and/or blog or someone who you talk to a lot because of them?
Gabby: I don't think I do lol.  But if I talk to anyone a lot on FS it has to be Kara (DearMissKara) and Margo (xSleazy4Weasley) if that's what you mean :)

Me: What inspired you to make a blog, formspring, listography, and videos besides baby names?
Gabby: I got an FS just outta curiosity with no real intent on using it for baby names.  My listography is basically strictly for organizing names.  My blog is for fun series and names.

Me: We are down to our last 5 questions! Where do you find your baby names at?
com

Me: I like all of those places. Do you know anyone in real life that has a formspring, youtube, and/or blog?
Gabby: I know PrincessJulia37 on FS/RapunzelNames on YT in real life

Me: That's so cool that you know someone in real life! Random fact about you?
Gabby: Random fact....hmm.... I'm obsessed with playing online Bingo

Me: haha :) What did you think of this interview?
Gabby: I absolutely LOVE it!! Love you Ren!

Me: aww thanks. Love you too! Is there anything else you would like to add?
Gabby: I love all of my followers and viewers and I'm always here for you to talk.

Me: awww Thanks again for doing the interview.
Gabby: anytime Ren

So that was the interview. I had so much fun doing this interview and all of the other ones. Go check out Gabby’s youtube, blog, formspring, and listography. Comment below and tell me what you though. Bye for now :). 

Photo Credit: http://www.formspring.me/LunaScarlett


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...