Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Feature Friday: Hope

Hey everyone! I have the next Feature Friday! This week was Hope. You can find Hope on formspring (HopeMichaela) and listography (http://listography.com/
1970682103). You should all go check her formspring and list out and follow her. So let’s get on with the interview.


Me: How did you get into baby names?
Hope: I got into them when I was young, because I always had to name my barbies. I would have a naming ceremony for each one I got. Most of them had something like Brianna, but it's just always been an interest of mine. It really defines the person(and/or doll).

Me: That's so cool. How old were you when you first started liking baby names?
Hope: I believe I was 3. The year I got one of my favourite childhood dolls. Her name was Purple, because she had a purple dress. How original right? I lost interest though from about 5 to 11. When I was 11, I started reading about Anastasia Romanvo, and that's when I got obsessed. That was a year before I joined the baby name community on formspring.

Me: Very Original :) What are your current favorite baby names?
Hope: My current favourite names are Hazel Arianna, Athena Claire, and Gwendolyn Ivy (I always have a Gwen- name on my list). Then for boys, Hugo Evander (it's been my top for what feels like forever), Tobias Xavier, and Bennett Reid.

Me: Love, Love your names!  If you remember, what were your first favorite baby names?
Hope: Thank you so much! :) I remember Brianna and Anastasia were my favourites for girls and I swore I'd name my children that. Then for boys I liked Nick (I was a big Jonas Brother fan *hangs head in shame*) and Jake.

Me: Your welcome. Haha. Why did you decide to join formspring and make list on listography?
Hope: I decided to join Formspring, because I started watching AnastasiaRuby on YouTube, and I wanted to ask her questions. She mentions Formspring and I was like awesome! So I joined, I had no clue about the awesome baby name community before. I made a listography soon after people started following me, because everyone seemed to be asking about it's. And being the "hipster" I am, I didn't want to be left out, hahaha.

Me: Formspring is awesome! What has been the most fun about formspring and listography?
Hope: Meeting all the awesome people!! :) I love talking and answering to everyone. They are just so great and let me expand my name horizon (as cheesy as the sounds). Then listography it's about organization really. It's fun making lists.

Me: I agree. What has been your favorite formspring question (rename, collages, etc.)  or listography list you have done?
Hope: I think the collage questions are so fun!! I like the rename ones too, though. I can't stop smiling if i win one of those, I really appreciate it. On listography it's my name list. I just love seeing and typing my names up. And I like the idea that someone else can see them too :)

Me: I love the collages. Are you working on any listography list or formspring questions/spam?
Hope: I'd love to do collages, but I don't have a computer because I'm on vacation :P I'd love to do them when I get back home. I have so many things to put on listography, just haven't had the time or the computer to do it :P and I guess for the formspring questions you'll just have to find out ;) I can say I've been working on a list for question for quite some time now.

Me: I'll be waiting for those questions. What do you love about baby names?
Hope: Good, haha :) I love everything about it, like we are choosing something that defines a person so greatly. It's fun to find out meanings and just pick the perfect ones. I always love thinking about how my future child would be if this was their name.

Me: That is a great way to think about it. What types of baby names to do like (ex. Trendy, vintage, etc.)?
Hope: I love vintage, classic names :) Names that are kinda old man/ladyish, but now sound fresh. I also like less common names. I wouldn't want my kid having to go by "Name. Last initial." I think it's because I'm so into history and books that I like these kinda names :)

Me: I don't want my kids going by "Name. Last initial." either. When did you tell your friends and family about your love to baby names?
Hope: Um, I haven't exactly told my family xD if I told my parents they'd assume I was pregnant. Though they've both found lists of mine, I'm not sure what they think. If I get to talk about names with them it's quite fun :) I've only told 4 of my friends and my boyfriend. I've only told them this year.

Me: I've never told my family or friends. How did/do your family and friends react to your love for baby names?
Hope: Well two of my friends (sisters, Glory and Grace) thinks it's awesome, and they keep lists theirselves. My best friend Autumn Chase thinks I'm weird, because I pick such "odd" names. My friend Trevor thinks it's cute, but hates talking about names with me xD and then my boyfriend, Troy, thinks it's cute and sweet and we often talk about names together. We have already got three named picked out for our kids ;) My grandma doesn't care as long as I'm not pregnant. That's the only family member I've officially told.

Me: They all reacted great. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your love/addiction/obsession for baby names?
Hope: Yeah they did, thankfully :) I'd rate it a 7, it used to be a 10 when I first joined formspring. I still find names I like in verifying I do and am constantly thinking and giving myself mental notes about names :) I think it's toned down because my names have beenthe same for so long :)

Me: I like the rating. What is the reason behind your formspring name?
Hope: Thank you :) and It's my own name, haha. I am Hope Michaela, it'd my birth name. I couldn't really think of anything else and I wanted the username to be me. I also didn't know what I wanted to do with for around just yet so I picked something neutral and it turned out great! :)

Me: I like it. Do you have a favorite baby namer (YouTube, blog, formspring etc.)?
Hope: My favourite baby namer's blog is yours! I love all your post :) Youtuber is AnastasiaRuby cause she was my first and I still love her. It's so hard to choose on formspring, because everyone is so great! But based on taste I gotta say Lepetitviolet or ghostofjupiter :)

Me: Thank you! Do you have a #1 fan on your listography/formspirng or someone who you talk to a lot because of them?
Hope: I wish! Haha, I talk to a lot of people because of my formspring, like KingsleyLaddie and AliceDownUnder, but there's so many more people I'd love to start talking to :) need to work on that, haha. I try to be friendly and nice to everyone so I'll talk to pretty much anyone.

Me: Formspring is the best place to talk to people. What inspired you to make a formspring and listography besides baby names?
Hope: It really is :) Um baby names was my only intention at first. Now it's much more, I've made some great friends on both. 

Me: Me too. Where do you find your baby names at?
Hope: Books! Haha :) all the names on my lost are from books I've read. Hazel from the Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Hugo fom The Invention of Hugo Cabret, and Tobias from Divergent<3 I'm a major book addict, I read at least three, 400 paged books a month :) I find the names in them so interesting and I grow to love the character so much, o love their name. 

Me: I love books too. The Fault in Our Stars was great. One book that was great and had interesting names was The Nanny Diaries by Nicola Kruas and Emma McLaughlin. Do you know anyone in real life that has a formspring/youtube/blog?
Hope: The Fault in Our Stars was amazing<3 I've never heard of The Nanny Diaries, I'll have to check it out! :) no I do not, I've tried convincing Glory, Grace, ad Troy to make one, but they either thinks it's a little strange or don't understand. So nope, i know no one in real life, but I'd love to meet everyone :)

Me: Yeah it's a great book. It would be so fun to meet everyone and have everyone in one place to talk about baby names. We are down to the last 3 questions! Random fact about you?
Hope: That would be amazing! We need to start a convention or something :) even for just formspring in general, I would so go. Woo! But I'm also a little sad, this interview is great! :) umm I currently reside in New Hampshire and am starting my first year of high school in 21 days. 

Me: I agree! I start school in 1 month. What did you think of this interview?
Hope: Really? :) what grade are you going into? And I absolutely adored it and it was loads of fun! Kinda sad it's over so soon haha, it's been great. 

Me: I'm going to be a senior. I'm sad it's over too. It was fast! Is there anything else you would like to add?
Hope: That's gonna be exciting! :) and yeah it was. Um, just that I love all of you, and I want to thank everyone for being there to talk to about anything :) thank you so much, Ren.

Me: Yeah it is. I am always there to talk. You are very welcome.
Hope: Awe! Thank you so much, Ren :) thank you for giving me a chance to do the interview, it means a lot. I will do :) thank you again

So that was the interview. I hope you all enjoyed it. I had so much fun doing this interview with Hope. I would love it if you all went and checked out her formspring. Thanks Hope for doing the interview. The next FF (feature Friday) person will be picked on Sunday. Bye for now :). 


Photo Credit: http://www.formspring.me/HopeMichaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...