Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Golden Girls

Most nights I watch The Middle on Hallmark. It's probably one of my favorite shows that always has me laughing. The show following The Middle is Golden Girls and since I am always too lazy to change the channel I have watched a few episodes. While watching the credits I caught the names of the 4 main actresses and thought they would make a great post.


Beatrice "Bea" Arthur
What caught my action was the nickname Bea. It's really sweet and cute. Bea has a great aging factor and the actress is farther proof of that. The full name Beatrice is such a vintage name that more people are loving. For the past 8 years it has been on the raise in popularity. From 2012 to 2013, it moved up 102 spots.


Betty White
I think the name Betty is my least favorite name of this group. Although I still think it is nice but sounds so old lady chic. Betty is a great nickname for Elizabeth but I think more people are using modern nicknames. Although Betty is a nice nickname I don't think I would like seeing it on a little girl. It would be just too old for her.


Rue McClanahan
I love the name Rue more so as a nickname than as a full name. It's so modern sounding and fun. You can use Ruth, Riley, or really any R name as a full name for Rue. An interesting fact about Rue McClanahan's name is she was born Eddi-Rue after her father and mother, Edward and Rheua-Nell.



Estelle Getty
Estelle is a pretty, princess-y name. There have been princesses named Estelle in the past. I usually don't remember the meanings of names but I know off the top of my head that Estelle means star. The meaning alone makes me think of a stary night and just dark, rich colors. I would definitely use Estelle with the nickname Este in the future.


Photo Credit: http://www.newnownext.com/elaine-stritch-nothing-worse-than-ending-up-like-bea-arthur/03/2014/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924508/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001516/
http://www.tvland.com/shows/the-golden-girls/bios/estelle-getty

xoxo,
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...