Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

"Rare" O Names

The "rare" series is back up again! It's crazy to think about how long I have been doing this series. Hopefully the series will be done by the end of this summer if not by the middle. The letter O is going to be done a little bit different than the normal "rare" post. I usually make separate post for girls and boys but because there were only 3 names for each gender I thought I'd just do it as one post. This post was filled with some pretty cool and actually rare names. So without farther ado here are the O names.



Girls
Olga

  • Meaning: Holy, Blessed 
  • Origin: Russian 
  • Siblings: Irina and Boris

Olga is definitely a rare name and I have yet to meet a baby or even an adult with this name. I think part of the reason is because it is so out there and you really have to be Russian or Scandinavian to use Olga.

Olympia

  • Meaning: From Mount Olympus 
  • Origin: Greek 
  • Siblings: Araminta and Cassius

I love Olympia! Greek names are one of my favorite origins and I also really love names associated with mythology. Ollie/Olly would be a cute nickname along with Mia and Pia.

Orly

  • Meaning: Light 
  • Origin: Hebrew 
  • Siblings: Tova and Noam

I'm a huge fan of nicknames and Orly is no exception. It works great on it's own but for me I prefer it as a nickname. If you're looking for full names for Orly there is Oriana, Orabella or Orlain.



Boys
Orville

  • Meaning: Gold Town 
  • Origin: French 
  • Siblings: Verna and Wilfred

I think of popcorn as soon as I hear the name Orville but I still love it a lot. It a vintage name for me and I feel like it would be cool to see Orville used more often. I'll let you guys be the judge and decide if you want to see little Orvilles running around.

Otis

  • Meaning: Wealth 
  • Origin: German 
  • Siblings: Leola and Amos

Otis is a very spunky name. It has a lot of associations like as a surname, a celebrity baby name, and even a Disney name. It works well for many different ages and nationalities. I have been seeing boy names ending in s gaining popularity and attention lately. Otis fits in with them.

Otto

  • Meaning: Wealth 
  • Origin: German 
  • Siblings: Elsa and Roscoe

Otto is almost identical to Otis but has a more boyish feel with eh O ending. It does make me think of a dog because I have seen dogs amend Otto but than again Bailey and Sam are used on dogs. I'd love to meet a little Otto.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...