Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

"Rare" P Girl Names

I'm back with some "rare" P girl names for you. You'll find that soon of these animus are rally rare while others are not. Tell me what you think of these names!



Patrice

  • Meaning: Variant of Patricia; Nobleman 
  • Origin: Latin 
  • Siblings: Colette and Philip

I really love the name Patrice. I think it is a fresh feel to the name Patricia. Its also a great way to honor a Patrick. Patrice is actually a unisex name but I think it fits better on a girl than a boy.

Pauline

  • Meaning: Feminine form of Paul; Small
  • Origin: French 
  • Siblings: Bernice and Stanley

Pauline can be considered a vintage name and I wouldn't be opposed to see her gain some popularity. I use to not like Pauline but its really been growing on me lately. I like elegant sound it has.

Pearl

  • Meaning: Pearl 
  • Origin: Latin 
  • Siblings: Olive and Otto

I love Pearl for a few reasons. Pearl works great in the middle ahem spot because it is one syllable and matches well with a  ton of names. I like that it is classical sounding. The gem pearl is significant to me because it is the gem of my sorority.

Peggy

  • Meaning: Diminutive of Margaret; Pearl 
  • Origin: Greek 
  • Siblings: Sue and Jerry

I would be extremely surprised to meet a baby named Peggy. I can see a little girl being named Margaret, the common full name for Peggy, but a parent would more likely to choose the nickname Maggie than Peggy. It would take a lot of getting use to to see Peggy on a little baby but it could still work.

Penny

  • Meaning: Diminutive of Penelope; Weaver
  • Origin: English 
  • Siblings: Connie and Mitch

I think Penny makes a great nickname for Penelope but I'm not a huge fan of it on its own. It does make me think of the tv show, The Big Bang Theory.

Petra

  • Meaning: Stone, Rock 
  • Origin: Greek 
  • Siblings: Adela and Rudolph

I love Petra! It's so unique sounding but I can see it fitting in with some names of today like Aria, Cassandra, and Kiera. It is also culturally diverse and works well in many countries. It's a great name for a baby of world travelers.

Philomena

  • Meaning: Friend of Strength 
  • Origin: Greek 
  • Siblings: Theodora and Casimir

I love Philomena so much. It has been in my top 20 names for years now. It's a great Greek name with a great meaning. It is also the name of a saint. The nickname Pippa makes me love the name even more.

Phyllis

  • Meaning: Foliage 
  • Origin: Greek 
  • Siblings: Marilyn and Eugene

Phyllis is a classic old lady name I don't see coming back. This could make a comeback in 50+ years but I don't see it gaining popularity any time soon. I think its a cool name but a little too old lady sounding. It falls into the category with Mildred, a classic name that you want to love but just can't.

Pippa

  • Meaning: Diminutive of Philippa; Lover of Horses
  • Origin: English 
  • Siblings: Esme and Alec

Did you think of Pippa Middleton immediately? Well that's not such a bad thing. Pippa Middleton is a beautiful woman and the sister to a Prince. I think Pippa is such a cute name. It can definitely stand on its own or be used as a nickname for Philippa or Philomena.

Polly

  • Meaning: Variant of Molly; bitter 
  • Origin: English 
  • Siblings: Kitty and Hal

Polly makes me think of either a parrot or the Polly Pocket toys. I think it is truly rare and if it is used it is mostly used as a nickname. It'd be cute to have a really cute girl running around with the nickname Polly.

Portia

  • Meaning: Pig
  • Origin: Latin
  • Siblings: Camilla and Lysander

Portia is a name fit for a rich business owner. It screams success. I like Portia but I could never see myself using the name. Portia was first used by William Shakespeare so you can imagine just how old the ahem is.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...