Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Lettie: The Nickname

Lettie is one of the nicknames that I have fallen in love with over the past year. Somewhere down the line on my ad's side I have a few aunts with the name. Since I try to stay away from nicknames as full name names I have been on the look out for a full name I love for Lettie. Since I have already done some research I figured why not just bring them to you. Lettie is an English diminutive of Lettice which meaning Joy, Happiness.



Arlette- Form of Herleva (Amry, Honour, Noble); French
I love Ar- names as well as Lett names so this is a prefect mix. 

Alouette- Lark; French
If you don't feel French saying this name than I'm not sure what will make you. This is such a beautiful twist not he common bird names. 

Aletta and Alette- Variant of Alethea (Truth); English 
Two beautiful A names that sound elegant and unique. 

Charlotte- Diminutive of Charles (Freeman); German
Charlotte is fast rising and made her way into he top 10 in 2014. ITs the name of a Princess and has so many great associations. 

Colette- Short form of Nicolette (Victory of the People); French
For 30 years, Colette had not been on the top 1000 charts but in 2012 she jumped back on and has been moving up since. 

Cosette- Little Thing; French
I am rarely impressed with the meaning of names but Cosette is one of those exceptions. Many people will think of the Les Miserables and I think the 2012 film brought light tot he name. 

Evolet- The Love spelled backwards
Evolet was invented by the movie 10,000 BC. IN the movie they claim the names means Promise of Life

Elettra- Form of Electra (Amber); Italian
I thought for sure I was going to do research on this name and it was going to be made up. Its nice to see that tit is an Italian name. Elettra looks so pretty and unique. 

Juliet/Juliette- Diminutive of Julie (Downy-Bearded); French
For years I had Juliette as my number 1 girls name. I am now seeing the name more and more. It gives a nice romantic vibe to parents and I can see the appeal.



Lettice- Form of Letitia; English 
Although Lettice is so close to the word lettuce I still think its usable. The nickname Lettie it makes all the difference. 

Letitia- Joy, Happiness; English 
Letitia is a name that sound very proper and British. First Lady of John Tyler was a bearer of this name. 

Nicolette- Diminutive of Nicole (Victory of the People); French
Growing up I always thought Nicolette was one of the most beautiful girl names out there. I loved it as an alternative to Nicole. It is the name of a princess in the French romance, Aucassin et Nicolette. 

Odelette and Odeletta- Variant of Odele (Song)
Both these names are new to me but it was love at first sight. They remind me of a beautiful, young princess from a children's book or movie. 

Paulette- Diminutive of Paul (Small, Humble); French
If you are looking to honor a Paul and you are having a girl, than Paulette is one of the best options out there. Lettie as a nickname gives the name a more girly feel. 

Scarlett- Red; English
In 1940, Scarlett entered the top 1000 for the first time. It was a year after the movie Gone with the Wind came out. I'd say the movie had a great influence on the name. 

Saletta- Variant of Sally (Princess) 
Saletta is new to me but I really enjoy this name for its nickname options, Lettie and Saly. 

Violet (English) and Violette (French)- Violet, Purple
Violet is one of the more popular names on this list and Violette is a nice alternative if you want something a little less popular. Both names give off a peaceful vibe and are girly with out overdoing it. 

Winslet- Wynn's Channel or Stream; English 
There are so many reasons to die for Winslet. I have learned that there is a small club of Winslet loving people out there. Are you a part of it?

 photo small blog signature_zpsmlvv5oyk.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...