Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

2016 Prediction Results {Top 100}

Last week I took a look at how my name predictions for the new 2016 top 1000 names turned out. If you missed that post go check it out! Fifty percent of my predictions were right, which I thought was really good for a girl who isn't so good at making predictions.

Today I want to look at the my predictions for the new names to the top 100. The top 100 does not get many new names each year, especially when you look at the amount of names that are new to the top 1000 each year. I hate to say it but I am more terrible at making predictions to the top 100 than I actually expected! Out of the 8 names (4 boys, 4 girls) only one of my names actually made it into the top 100. One name did not move at all, one name dropped a few spots, and the rest moved up anywhere from 45 to 3 spots. If you would like to see the recents and a refresher on the names I had on the list keep reading.



Declan, Jameson, Kai, and Maverick were the boy names I predicted would move up into the top 100. None of the boys names moved up. In fact, one name didn't move a single spot! Kai was at #145 in 2015 and in 2016 is was at the exact same spot. Declan, Jameson, and Maverick all moved up int he charts but not enough to make it into the top 100. Declan went from #112 to #109. Jameson went from #144 to #128. Maverick went from #184 to #139 and was the name with the biggest leap on my list.



The only name the moved up into the top 100 from my predictions was Luna, an all time favorite of mine. I am happy to see it up and getting attention. There are many Lu- names out there that people are enjoying so it is no surprise that it jumped up the chart.

One name on my list back in April moved farther down the list. Hadley was #99 in 2014 and dropped down to #103 in 2015. In 2016 the name went down a few more spots to #108. Its not surprising to see it drop even more. In my eyes it seems to be going out of style. Personality I like the name and think it is a nice name. Ivy and Everly were the other two names on my list and both moved up the SSA list but not enough to make it into the top 100. Ivy went from #130 to #112 and Everly went from #138 and #107.



Since only one name on my list moved into the top 100 I thought it would be nice to look at the names that did move up. For girls, Adeline, Luna, Kinsley, Elena, Eliana, and Willow all moved up. As for the gentlemen, Bryson, Leonardo, Greyson, and Roman moved up the chart. Not many names get the privilege to be a part of the top 100.

It does not surprise me that Adeline and Willow have moved up. Ad- names are all the rage in recent times and Willow is being heard more and more. I am honestly surprised Roman had not been in the top 100. It sounds familiar and popular, a nice to the point name.

Next year we will see how much better I am at making predictions. Maybe I will be able to get at least 2 names!

 photo small blog signature_zpsmlvv5oyk.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...